Friday, April 4, 2014

What Happened To My Draft??

Eighteen pages to go on my fourth draft of How I Spent My Zombie Apocalypse!

But...guess what? I've passed the point where I killed a character off in Draft Three. And...it's not in this version.

What the heck? Did I make my changes on a different file save? I don't know. I'm just taking it as a sign that perhaps that wasn't the way to go. I'm going to rewrite the death scene, elsewhere. I'm sure it will find its place. I'm just slightly mortified that I lost a draft...I'm not even sure my writer's group had that scene in the version I sent them, back in December! Ugh. I seem to recall comments on it, though, so I am not sure what the heck I did with it. Sigh... More work, but I'm sure it will be better, in the long run.

Tomorrow! I may even be finished by Sunday! Woohoo!

Then it's onto my short pieces for editing... I've got about four projects going at the moment. Ha! Fearless writer, I art she.

No comments:

Post a Comment