Last January, I posted the following resolutions for the year. Here's the outcome:
- Finish Fourth (and hopefully final?) Draft of HISMZA novel.
Check. Did fifth draft, too.
- Finish First Draft of "The Sound of Sorrow's Sleep" novel.
- Compete in NYCMidnight's Short Story Competition (already entered!).
Check. Made First Round Honorable Mentions.
- Compete in at least one other contest (probably Lorian Hemingway's, again. Also Seattle Crypticon, and PNWA contests).
Check. Entered three for PNWA. (Didn't place.)
- Read 30 books, at least six of which have come out in 2014 (I've realized that I am way behind on my reading list and rarely read anything current!).
Check...although, I think I only read 1 or 2 2013 publications. I read 37 books, total!
- Organize cluttered home and Spare Room. (A carry-over for years, sadly...)
Did some work on it, but still have to carry it over into the new year. Sigh...
- Take at least two dance/exercise classes per week (Already signed up for Bar Method on Fridays and Punk Rock Aerobics on Tuesdays, and have been to each).
No...I gave this up due to a change in my work situation.
- Use my FitBit to track sleep and steps. Improve regular sleeping patterns... Sleep 1am/2am - 9am/10am! Hit 10K steps at least 3 times a week. Lose .5 - 2 lbs. per week/25 lbs. per year.
Well...I did use my FitBit to track stuff. I walked regularly for most of the year, but failed to lose the weight.
- Work on Alternative Business Women's Association idea.
Yeah... I put this one on hold, as well, because of my work changes.
- Help Veronica buy the property and increase profits for Standing Stone Healing & Arts.
This became a moot point.
- Maintain friendships: Contact at least one friend per month that I haven't been in touch with regularly.
I tried to keep up on this one, pretty well. Didn't track it, but made efforts to keep in touch.
- Travel to Tampa, Florida, to visit Mom & Dad's new home.
Yup! Florida was great.
- Travel to Tokyo, if possible. Or Paris, France. It's been way too long for each of them.
Nope, this one didn't happen.
- Continue brushing up on language skills: Use apps for Japanese, Italian, and French. Find a class or group to join to increase skills.
Meh...not so much.
- Get new laptop! Probably MS Surface.
Yes, ha! Got a MS Surface Pro as a gift, so, done!
- Continue my work on my financial life and plan.
Yes! Definitely did a ton of work in this area. On track!
- Increase my massage therapy work in PIP claims (car accident clients).
Yes, I did. I kept the two PIP claims a month that I set out to have.
Okay, so 9 out of 17, with 2 halfways...not too bad!