Monday, December 22, 2014

How Did I Do? 2014 Resolutions

Last January, I posted the following resolutions for the year. Here's the outcome:


  1. Finish Fourth (and hopefully final?) Draft of HISMZA novel.
    Check. Did fifth draft, too.
  2. Finish First Draft of "The Sound of Sorrow's Sleep" novel.
    Nope.
  3. Compete in NYCMidnight's Short Story Competition (already entered!).
    Check. Made First Round Honorable Mentions.
  4. Compete in at least one other contest (probably Lorian Hemingway's, again. Also Seattle Crypticon, and PNWA contests).
    Check. Entered three for PNWA. (Didn't place.)
  5. Read 30 books, at least six of which have come out in 2014 (I've realized that I am way behind on my reading list and rarely read anything current!).
    Check...although, I think I only read 1 or 2 2013 publications. I read 37 books, total!
Just for kicks, here are some of my non-writing goals for 2014:

  1. Organize cluttered home and Spare Room. (A carry-over for years, sadly...)
    Did some work on it, but still have to carry it over into the new year. Sigh...
  2. Take at least two dance/exercise classes per week (Already signed up for Bar Method on Fridays and Punk Rock Aerobics on Tuesdays, and have been to each).
    No...I gave this up due to a change in my work situation. 
  3. Use my FitBit to track sleep and steps. Improve regular sleeping patterns... Sleep 1am/2am - 9am/10am! Hit 10K steps at least 3 times a week. Lose .5 - 2 lbs. per week/25 lbs. per year.
    Well...I did use my FitBit to track stuff. I walked regularly for most of the year, but failed to lose the weight.
  4. Work on Alternative Business Women's Association idea.
    Yeah... I put this one on hold, as well, because of my work changes.
  5. Help Veronica buy the property and increase profits for Standing Stone Healing & Arts.
    This became a moot point. 
  6. Maintain friendships: Contact at least one friend per month that I haven't been in touch with regularly.
    I tried to keep up on this one, pretty well. Didn't track it, but made efforts to keep in touch.
  7. Travel to Tampa, Florida, to visit Mom & Dad's new home.
    Yup! Florida was great. 
  8. Travel to Tokyo, if possible. Or Paris, France. It's been way too long for each of them.
    Nope, this one didn't happen.
  9. Continue brushing up on language skills: Use apps for Japanese, Italian, and French. Find a class or group to join to increase skills.
    Meh...not so much.
  10. Get new laptop! Probably MS Surface.
    Yes, ha! Got a MS Surface Pro as a gift, so, done!
  11. Continue my work on my financial life and plan.
    Yes! Definitely did a ton of work in this area. On track!
  12. Increase my massage therapy work in PIP claims (car accident clients).
    Yes, I did. I kept the two PIP claims a month that I set out to have.
Okay, so 9 out of 17, with 2 halfways...not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment