Friday, January 12, 2018

Word Splurge! Writing Time!


As you may recall, I have a very hard time writing the past six months or so. No writer's block, here, just a conundrum of not having the "stars" align... and by stars, I mean the necessary components of good writing:

  1. Time
  2. Space
  3. Energy
  4. Mental acuity
Nope, that's not a breakdown of one of Einstein's theories, it's a very simple list that I have not been able to complete simultaneously lately. 

But, today... I had a cancellation at work and a long block of errand-running-time that I co-opted into writing time. And, believe it or not, I DIDN'T TAKE A NAP! I always fall asleep when I meant to write or read at my nice, warm, cozy massage office with the soft lighting, soothing music, and warm blankets and pillows at my disposal. But not today! I wrote! 
First I did a couple of massage office related things that needed to get done. But, that didn't take me very long, so I opened up a blank page and wrote about my first car! It's crap! But I wrote it! On another day, I will go in and re-order the content to make it less crap. It's called SCULPTING...like clay...I have a big six page pile of clay! It feels good. In fact, it felt so good, I started another one. It will be an important part of my larger work, the memoir, but for now, it has three opening sentences and a few paragraphs about my godmother. WONDERFUL! I am truly excited to get back to the page. 

I met with a woman yesterday to plan a home organization and de-cluttering. We start tomorrow, and I wonder if that action nudged me into action in this other area of my life that has been cluttered with busywork and other tasks...? Hmm...




No comments:

Post a Comment